Campaign of the Month: January 2011
Honour Among Thieves
Agi – d2 Str – d8 Vit – d6 Ale – d10 Int – d6 Wil – d6
- Initiative: d2 + d10
- Life Points: 12
- Traits: Overgunned (minor), Stationary
- Skills: Perception d8, Pilot d2
- Dimensions (LxBxH): 600 × 300 × 250 feet
- Tonnage: _ tons
- Speed Class: .5 cruise
- Crew Complement: Mission Commander, six officers, eight space hands, engineer, medic, two shuttle/ASREV pilots, two ASREV weapon officers, two federal marshals
- Crew Quarters: 6 double cabins, 2 quad cabins, 1 single cabins
- Fuel Capacity: _ tons (_ hours)
- Cargo Capacity: _ tons
- Complexity: high
- Maintenance costs: ₡ _ a year
- Price: ₡ _, plus ammunition
Gear: Two shuttles. One ASREV. 50 escape pods. Infirmary with four beds.
- 1 laser system (d6) (adds 10 tons)
- 1 EMP emitter (d4) (adds 5 tons)
- 1 20-pound cannon with 1000 rounds
- 10 100-pound long range missiles (d6 damage)
The standard Alliance orbital enforcement platform is a battle satellite built around a large, 400-foot long laser weapon system, capable of striking planetside or near-earth targets across the visible hemisphere where the platform is stationed. A ring-shaped superstructure surrounds the central power plant, with stabilizers arranged behind, atop which are placed secondary weapon systems and sensor assemblies. Docking hookups for ships of shuttle and ASREV size are located behind the stabilizers.
The Beobachter is capable of changing its orbit under its own power, but it is a very slow process. It relies on an ASREV patrol and long-range scanners to cover the far side of the moon.